Family Law Property – Out of Court settlement

It is possible to come to an agreement with your former partner, and not go to court.  There are 2 ways of doing this but 1 is better than the other.  You can actually sign a document which gets sent to court, but you do not go to court.  The Court considers the agreement and can turn your agreement into a Court Order, similar to if you went to court but settled it before court hearing (trial) date.

An out of court settlement is a far less expensive way of dealing with your Property Settlement than going to court. Sometimes it’s just not possible to get an out of court settlement and going to court is a necessity.  Call our divorce lawyer in Newcastle, Conrad Turnbull now and arrange a time to talk about your situation.

Posted in

Conrad Turnbull Law

Leave a Comment